Where's the best place to put an avidemuxer? No sound in my pipeline

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:26:31 PDT 2011

Hi I a beginner with GStreamer, I am clueless about of the behavior and role
of some GStreamer elements.
I wrote a pipeline to get transition effect between 2 avi videos, it works
fine but the sond, there's no sound at all.
I was told to put an avidemuxer, I've been working around with it without
luck.

I put it between the queue and the gnlcomposition,it doesn't work, then I
put after the queue. I wonder if some decoder is missing.

I tryed to adapt my pipeline to this one:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2008-October/019240.html,
but any adaptation didn't work for me.

I got many kind of errors:
"GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_link_full: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (sinkpad)'
failed"
or
Segment Violation

Thanks a lot,

Rossana

This is the pipeline I need to adapt to hear the sound:

bin
  alpha --------------------
                           |----------videomixer ------------fmpegcolorspace
  smptealpha ---------------
       ^

  Controller   // it controls the start-duration property of smptealpha

composition
    gnlfilesource
                     |        |gnloperation| // contains the *bin*
described above

    gnlfilesource

gnlopetation contains the *bin* described above

gnlfilesource, one for each video

pipeline

composition  operation |___________ queue ___________ sink