decodebin2 for encrypted Streams

Jayanth K.P kp.jayanth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:58:56 PDT 2011

Hi ,
    We are trying to build a pipeline using encrypted stream using
decodebin2. For the encrypted stream, decodebin2  is generating a bus error
"*Could not determine type of stream*".

Issue is we depend on the "autoplug-continue" signal coming from the
decodebin2 to continue auto-plugging or manually build the pipeline.  In
this case of encrypted stream,we were expecting the decodebin2 to give a
"autoplug-continue" with cap string as 'application/octet-stream' or some
thing similar. Based on this we would make the decision to continue
auto-plugging or manually build the pipeline.

Is it possible for the decodebin2 to generate "autoplug-continue" signal
with an appropriate cap string( ex. application/octet-stream)?

Your help on this issue will be appreciated..

Regards,
Jayanth