decodebin2 for encrypted Streams

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Oct 24 10:48:48 PDT 2011

First: I assume your encrypted format has some sort of header that
will allow you to identify it as something using your format. If
that's not true, then you'll want to change the format (if you cannot
for some reason, then you have a terrible file format, and you won't
be able to use decodebin2).

Then, you should write a typefind function for gstreamer to use, which
will identify your file format.

Then you'll be able to manually plug  whatever you want using the
autoplug-* signals.

Mike