Antwort: Re: decodebin2 and plugins

Steffen.Roeber at hella.com Steffen.Roeber at hella.com
Mon Sep 5 06:44:32 PDT 2011

Ok. I did the following:
static gboolean
examplefilter_init (GstExampleFilter * examplefilter)
{
  GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gst_example_filter_debug, "examplefilter", 0,
"Template examplefilter");

  return gst_element_register (examplefilter, "examplefilter", GST_RANK_
MARGINAL, GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_TYPE_DECODER);
}

static void gst_example_filter_base_init (gpointer gclass)
{
  GstElementClass *element_class = GST_ELEMENT_CLASS (gclass);

  gst_element_class_set_details_simple(element_class,
    "ExampleFilter",
    "Decoder/Video",
    "Description",
    "Steffen Roeber");

  gst_element_class_add_pad_template (element_class,
gst_static_pad_template_get (&src_factory));
  gst_element_class_add_pad_template (element_class,
gst_static_pad_template_get (&sink_factory));
}

The _init() functions of my decoder are called. But the
gst_example_filter_set_caps is not called. I always get a Your GStreamer
installation is missing a plug-in. message.
Whcih function should be called at my Plugin at next? I found that the
gst_riff_create_video_caps function returned 0, because it did not find my
native fourcc code. How is the fourcc transmitted to my plugin and how
should I check it?

Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
Steffen Roeber
Firmware & Tools
Treskowstr. 14, D-13089 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Kay Talmi

Fon:  +49 30 200 04 29? 412
Fax:  +49 30 200 04 29? 109
Mail: Steffen.Roeber at hella.com

Dieses Dokument ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Die Weitergabe sowie
Vervielfältigung, Verwertung und Mitteilung seines Inhalts ist nur mit
unserer ausdrücklichen Genehmigung gestattet. Alle Rechte vorbehalten,
insbesondere für den Fall der Schutzrechtsanmeldung.
This document has to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be
passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express
permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for
protective rights.

Sebastian Dröge/

(
Gesendet von:
gstreamer-devel-bounces+steffen.roeber=hella.com at lists.freedesktop.org
05.09.2011 13:44
Bitte antworten an
Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>

An
Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: decodebin2 and plugins

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 13:16 +0200, Steffen.Roeber at hella.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to create a decoder for our native avi files. But I cannot
> find an example of how to use it, so that decodebin2 does regconize it
> as a valid decoder plugin. Can anybody help me?

You have to give it a rank >= GST_RANK_MARGINAL and add "Decoder" to the
element factory classification. The decoder element with the highest
rank that accepts the stream's caps will be selected by decodebin2.