Error using dshwodecwrapper

Srinivas Sakhamuri sr.sakhamuri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:50:31 PDT 2011

Hi

Decodebin2 is picking up ffmpeg codec which is not what I want,

Adding asfdemux is not working either, in the following pipeline

this works ok: gst-launch -ev  --gst-plugin-spew filesrc
location=c:\\Heavy.wma ! asfdemux ! ffdec_wmav2 ! autoaudiosink

but this doesn't work: gst-launch -ev  --gst-plugin-spew filesrc
location=c:\\Heavy.wma ! asfdemux ! dshowadec_wma4 ! autoaudiosink

I think the problem is with dshowadec_wma4, and dshowadec_mp3 playback also
doesn't work. I tried debugging the issue but not being familiar with the
code it could take a while.

Can anybody help me point out the issue with dshowdecwrapper or provide me
directshow filter related debugging tips to root out this issue?

Srinivas