Error using dshwodecwrapper

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Sep 7 08:24:07 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Srinivas Sakhamuri
<sr.sakhamuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Decodebin2 is picking up ffmpeg codec which is not what I want,
> Adding asfdemux is not working either, in the following pipeline
> this works ok: gst-launch -ev  --gst-plugin-spew filesrc
> location=c:\\Heavy.wma ! asfdemux ! ffdec_wmav2 ! autoaudiosink
> but this doesn't work: gst-launch -ev  --gst-plugin-spew filesrc
> location=c:\\Heavy.wma ! asfdemux ! dshowadec_wma4 ! autoaudiosink

Well, those are decoders for completely different formats. If
ffdec_wmav2 works, then the file obviously contains WMAv2 audio. But
then you try to use the WMA Lossless decoder from dshowdecwrapper -
and that obviously doesn't work.

Use the right decoder and it should work fine.

Mike