Appsrc strangeness

wally bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 06:19:43 PDT 2011

I've already reported an issue where
gst_app_src_set_caps(GST_APP_SRC(app->rappsrc), caps_gray);

    caps_gray = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-raw-gray",
          "width", G_TYPE_INT, 640,
          "height", G_TYPE_INT, 960,
          "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 30000, 1001,
          NULL);

causes an internal data flow error, but changing to
gst_app_src_set_caps(GST_APP_SRC(app->rappsrc), caps);

    caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-raw-yuv",
            "format", GST_TYPE_FOURCC, GST_MAKE_FOURCC ('I', '4', '2', '0'),
          "width", G_TYPE_INT, 640,
          "height", G_TYPE_INT, 960,
          "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 30000, 1001,
          NULL);

runs fine.  Both situations link the elements, its a run time error.
Original message here:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/video-x-raw-gray-on-appsrc-causes-internal-error-when-pipeline-runs-td3740099.html

but I got no response.

Now I'm having issues with getting a text overlay to end up on the proper
frame, it may be a computer speed queuing issue, as on my quad core it seems
to be always correct but on the dual core target systems the overlay gets
ahead of the video as judged by a video hardware overlay on the images.  We
are tying to replace the video hardware overlay with a gstreamer textoverlay
element.

    link_ok=gst_element_link_many (app->rappsrc, conv1, app->rover,  rqueue,
encode, mux, file, NULL);    // order matters!

works but seems the overlay gets ahead of the video frames on the dual core
systems.

Trying to get the overlay to link directly to the appsrc:

link_ok=gst_element_link_many (app->rappsrc, app->rover, rqueue, conv1,
encode, mux, file, NULL);

The linking succeeds, but again I get an "Internal data flow error" when the
pipeline runs.  The textoverlay supports

      video/x-raw-yuv
                 format: I420
                  width: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
                 height: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
              framerate: [ 0/1, 2147483647/1 ]

on  sink pad and appsrc supports "any" on its src pad according to
gst-inspect.