matroskamux + filesink show incorrect video length

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 17:13:34 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 15:39 -0500, android6011 wrote:
> I am having an issue where vlc(others wont play it) playback  reports
> the length of the videos as about 2-3 seconds but sometimes it is
> correct. What is the best way and to which element do I need to get it
> to cleanly close the file and write the correct length to the header?

Are you using your own application or gst-launch? A common mistake is
not to send EOS to the pipeline (and waiting for it to be posted on the
bus) before setting it to NULL state.

If you're using this on gst-launch, just use the -e flag, in your
application send a eos event to the pipeline and wait for an EOS message
on the bus.

Hope this helps,

Thiago