gapless playback - controlling how long before the end of the current track to preroll the next

Stuart Gray stuart68 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 07:57:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on an embedded system solution where I need to get gapless
playback working. When I run our app on desktop Linux with a pipeline as
follows:

playbin2 uri=   ! queue2 max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0
max-size-bytes=300000 use-buffering=true high-percent=60 ! alsasink
sync=false

gapless playback works fine, but it does not try to load the next track
until ~1 second before the end of the current track, how can I control this
time so that on the embedded system I can give it more time to get the next
track?

I was under the impression that the use of the queue would allow me to tweak
the time. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Stuart