Setting codec_data in h264 caps for qtmux

laena lenaherscheid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 03:00:41 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to set the correct caps for the following pipeline: "appsrc -
qtmux - filesink", where appsrc receives a raw h264 video input stream.
The pipeline runs through, but the output cannot displayed properly.

I still get the warning "no codec data in h264 caps", so this missing field
is probably the problem.
(see also
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Problems-muxing-raw-h264-stream-with-qtmux-tc4417169.html).

How do I create such a codec_data buffer? In which order do I need to
provide the SPS/PPS information? Do you have some example code for that?

cheers and thanks in advance,
Lena