Automatically freeing old groups in decodebin2

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 01:43:31 PDT 2012

On Mi, 2012-04-04 at 10:27 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On Mi, 2012-04-04 at 10:07 +0200, david.corvoysier at orange.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently experimenting with the decodebin2 ability to switch
> > from a drained chain to a newly activated one.
> > The idea is to allow chained mp4 streams to be played consecutively,
> > pretty much in the same way as the ogg demux does with chained ogg
> > files (for those interested, it is related to the DASH adaptive
> > streaming).

You probably want to take a look at
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/tsaunier/gst-plugins-bad/log/?h=hlsdemux

IIRC DASH is very similar to HLS (based on fragments with a playlist).
After the refactorings in that branch (that will be upstream soon) it
should be quite trivial to write a DASH demuxer with the help of the
generic code used by hlsdemux.

DASH should also be put into the same plugin in the end.