Using multichannel soundcard with gstreamer

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:54:50 PDT 2012

Hi Dennis again!

If you access ALSA devices directly, you should know in what format they
accept audio data. As you can't know for each device you use ALSA
provides plugin, which is used in 'plughw:1,0' format (I think, haven't
touched ALSA recently). It automatically resamples data to format
accepted by device. Also using 'default' device ensures that you give
device right format for data.

In ALSA wiki there is more about how to use device addresing and plugins
afair.

Peteris.

T , 2012-04-04 06:43 -0700, dennis rakstīja: