problem with ICE1712 card

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Apr 22 03:07:15 PDT 2012

On 04/22/2012 10:39 AM, Streit Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Say me is I'm on the wrong list, please.
>
> I am running debian stable and got a M-Audio Delta 1010LT card: every
> thing is working nicely except the gstreamer part. Jack runs perfectly.
> Audacity too.
>
> I would like to get it running with gstreamer as jackd is a bit
> overhelmming for a today work. (I use jack for recording of vocabulary)
>
> I get this message when I try gstreamer-properties:
>
> ALSA - Advanced Linux Sound Architecture: Could not negotiate format
I have a card with the same chip. It is not a gstreamer problem but a
long standing bug in alsa, that for unknown reasons upstream refuses to
fix. It causes troubles for pulseaudio. Here are the references.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-January/014109.html
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-January/014031.html

Luckily you can just fix it yourself as you just need to update two text
configs.

Stefan