help with decklink

John Bazik jsb at cs.brown.edu
Tue Apr 24 19:53:31 PDT 2012

I've got a Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card, and I'm trying to stream
from it.  With a camera attached, I see nothing with this pipeline:

gst-launch-0.10 decklinksrc mode=9 connection=1 ! progressreport ! testsink

The camera is sending 1920x1080 at 30fps.  Progressreport never prints
anything, and I get no errors, either.  MediaExpress (from BlackMagic)
sees the card and can capture from it on the same system.

I'm running debian wheezy, using the debian gstreamer packages and the
latest .debs from BlackMagic compiled for kernel 3.2.0 (amd64).

I'm new to gstreamer - can anyone suggest an approach to debugging this?

John