Gstreamer and HTTP DASH

Rufael Mekuria R.N.Mekuria at cwi.nl
Thu Apr 26 04:57:20 PDT 2012

Dear All,

my name is Rufael Mekuria, I am new to the gstreamer community,
I have been experimenting with GStreamer for some time now,
and I am planning to use it in my research in multimedia systems

One of my main questions is if there is any initiative for MPEG DASH plugins,

I know ST Microelectronics presented a plugin in the 2011 Gstreamer Conference,

but this was more geared towards embedded environments and i am not sure what the status is,

this is something that I would really like to see in GStreamer!

thanks for any response in advance!

Rufael Mekuria
Phd Student
R.N.Mekuria at cwi.nl

Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
Sciencepark 123 1098 XG Amsterdam, Room M374
Telephone +31(0)20 592 4020