problem with synchronization between multiple audio clients

Elis POPESCU elisescu at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 02:13:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to get multiple audio clients synchronized and I'm using GstNetClientClock (on the audio clients as the pipe clock) connected to a  GstNetTimeProvider (on the server, based on sys clock) using Gstreamer 0.10.36.  I'm using RTP/RTCP protocol over UDP multicast (from the server to the clients) and I'm also setting "ntp-sync" and "use-pipeline-clock" to true on gstrtpbin on server and clients. However if the network is loaded then the clients go out of sync.

Do I miss something? Any ideas? Can it be a bug?

Are there fixes or big changes in the way RTP/RTCP synchronization works in the new version of Gstreamer (1.0) that is coming soon?

Thanks !