GST_PAD_PARENT caused seg fault on channel change

deepthips deepthips at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Dec 7 04:05:32 PST 2012

I have a media player application integrated. While doing channel change,
after 2-3 times, it was showing segmentation fault. Found the line to be
ts_demux *demux = TS_DEMUX (GST_PAD_PARENT (pad)); returning demux as null.

>From some links I saw to use gst_pad_get_parent instead of GST_PAD_PARENT.
This solved the seg fault. But I am quite not sure how.  All comments will
be very helpful.