recording suspend/resume

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Tue Dec 11 18:00:55 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 04:14:18PM -0800, mattes wrote:
> I am looking for a way to pause and resume an active live recording?
> While in pause/suspend mode the frames should be discarded.
> Is there a way of achieving that with gstreamer?

I do this with a buffer probe as part of the boxtream project, which can
currently be downloaded from :

  http://depot.univ-nc.nc/sources/

I use it while sending streams to an IceCast2 server while at the same
time saving the stream to disk on the encoder side.

The pause() method in encoder.py ensures that when the end user presses
the "Pause" button, only the disk recording is paused, but not the live
feed.

hth

--
Jerome Alet