Video stream timestamps problem!

Tarek El-Sherbiny tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:31:41 PST 2012

Hi Maciek,

Have you checked freescale's forum? you might find some useful info.
https://community.freescale.com/message/265984#265984

For me I'm not using ffmpg from gstreamer. I'm using a locally modified
version from libav.org
To connect to a camera simply I'm calling:
av_open_input_file(filename,NULL,0,NULL)
Filename =
http://192.168.113.119/ad_display_pic.cgi?txmode=mime&format=jfif&res=hi&cam=1

I tried to use VPU libs but there were so many errors like delay's and
disconnections.
Gstreamer is more reliable for some reason.

The main gstreamer config:
g_object_set(G_OBJECT(ctx->appsrc), "is-live", TRUE, "block",
FALSE,"do-timestamp", TRUE,
  "format",GST_FORMAT_TIME,NULL);

That works with mfw_v4lsink but is not really what I want.

I still need to figure out how to use mfw_isink to utilise scaling and
overlay features.
If you you have more info on this that will be great.

Thanks,
Tarek