gst-streaming-server usage

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Dec 14 02:51:16 PST 2012

I'm trying to understand how to use the gst-streaming-server
package available from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-streaming-server/

I've managed to build it but there is basically no documentation
on how to use it.  There are a couple of test programs and scripts
(which don't get installed so one assumes that they are examples only?)
but they also have scant information.

Can someone help with this, perhaps a simple walk through?  In the
end, I need to figure out how to set this up to serve a video stream
coming from my local video (camera) source.

Thanks