Gstreamer gst-template for 0.10

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 04:56:35 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 13:19 +0100, Jacques Bride wrote:

> I am starting using the latest GstreamerSDK release. It's a very
> intersting project. Thanks to all who contributed to it.
>
> I am working on adding a experimental plugin to the ones already
> packaged with GstreamerSDK.
>
> GstreamerSDK is based on Gstreamer 0.10, not yet 1.x. Where can I find
> a gst-template plugin skeleton for 0.10? the one available at
> www.gstreamer.org is now for gstreamer 1.0.... is there a branch in
> the gst-template repository where I can get a stable version for 0.10?

There's a 0.10 branch now. There's also an element-maker tool in -bad
somewhere that creates new skeleton elements for various base classes,
an which might be more interesting.

You can build your own 1.0 SDK version using the cerbero build tool btw.
It's not really a good idea to start new projects or write new plugins
based on 0.10.

Cheers
 -Tim