Gstreamer gst-template for 0.10

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Dec 14 05:23:07 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> You can build your own 1.0 SDK version using the cerbero build tool btw.
> It's not really a good idea to start new projects or write new plugins
> based on 0.10.

And everyday that a GStreamer SDK 1.0 release is not put out (i.e. binaries
by GStreamer.com) is another day of new users learning and using 0.10
instead of 1.0. There's not even a mention on the site that 1.0 exists, or
that 0.10 is no longer being maintained. I think the site and what it
provides is a great service, but it's simultaneously doing the community a
disservice because of this. Sure, folks can make their own build thanks to
cerbero, but that kind of defeats much of the purpose of GStreamer.com.
-Josh