Getting image buffer data from audio file tags.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 08:03:12 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 15:52 +0000, Nox Deleo wrote:
> Sorry if I'm just being dense here, but the docs package I downloaded
> says it's for GStreamer 1.0, and the headings on the following two
> pages say the same:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-appsrc.html
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-appsrc.html
>

> I'm also explicitly asking for GStreamer 1.0 when I load Gst
> introspection modules in python, and that's also telling me
> push_buffer:
> ...'props', 'provide_clock', 'push_buffer', 'query',
> 'query_convert'...

> Very confusing.

Sorry, you're entirely right. It's me who was confused.

It is indeed push-buffer for appsrc.

appsink was changed from buffer to sample, I just assumed the same was
done for appsrc as well, but seems not (and it's not really needed since
you can set the caps via the property upfront anyway).

Apologies for the confusion :)

Cheers
 -Tim