text overlay

kususe kususe at interfree.it
Wed Feb 8 01:08:03 PST 2012

Suppose I don't wanna use playbin2.
I want to make by mysel a player based on the concept of pipeline.
Io order to pass the video, I create an entry to put the filepath in, using
first:

source = gst.element_factory_make("filesrc", "file-source")

which be demuxed in order to be managed by two different queues (audio and
video)

and

self.player.get_by_name("file-source").set_property("location", filepath)

in the function which check that filepath passed by the user is correct.

Using playbin2 I just use the second line (In the forst I specify the using
of playbin2) like:

self.player.set_property("uri", "file://" + filepath)

and, to add the subtitles, I add:

self.player.set_property("suburi", "file://" + filepath1)

To use a general player how can I implemente the text overlay?

Thanks in advances,
Francesco