changing the quantizer and frame rate

safa vakili safa_vakili at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 19:10:53 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to encode with h264 and send with rtp and receive it somewhere else.

I change quantizer by putting pipeline into PAUSED and encoder to READY state and using:
 "g_object_set(G_OBJECT(myencoder), "quantizer", newQP, NULL);"
It works well at the receiver with reasonable delay.

But for changing the frame rate I must put pipeline into READY state and use filter's caps for new frame rate, although, at the receiver I have about 15 sec frozen picture till it starts working again with new frame rate.

How knows why or how I can get rid of this delay?

Thanks
safa