playing M4A files

Neil Jones neiljay at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:17:01 PST 2012

Im trying to play M4A files off a disk with my custom aac decoder.

Unfortunatley the decoder only works with adts (or adif) streams.

When I demux M4A files with qtdemux I get a raw format aac steams.

aacparse can parse raw aac and produce adts framed aac streams, the
problem is aac parse wants unframed aac audio but qtdemux provides
buffers with framed=true so my pipeline fails caps negotiation.

Should qtdemux be setting framed=true when its outputing a raw aac stream type ?

Cheers

Neil