playing M4A files

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 04:27:44 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 12:17 +0000, Neil Jones wrote:

> Im trying to play M4A files off a disk with my custom aac decoder.
>
> Unfortunatley the decoder only works with adts (or adif) streams.
>
> When I demux M4A files with qtdemux I get a raw format aac steams.
>
> aacparse can parse raw aac and produce adts framed aac streams, the
> problem is aac parse wants unframed aac audio but qtdemux provides
> buffers with framed=true so my pipeline fails caps negotiation.
>
> Should qtdemux be setting framed=true when its outputing a raw aac stream type ?

Yes, it should. The problem is that aacparse and other audio parsers
used to only accept framed=false/parsed=false input. This is fixed now
in the latest 0.10 pre-releases and git, maybe you could give those a
shot. Not sure if conversion in aacparse from raw aac to adts/adif is
implemented though.

Cheers
 -Tim