Reading one channel AAC file using playbin2 returns stereo data

Dinesh Iyer dsi.maillist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:09:33 PST 2012

Hello,
I am using playbin2 to read audio data from AAC and MP3 files. I noticed
that when I attempt to read one channel AAC files, the output returned is
stereo with both channels having the same data. Single channel MP3 and WAV
files were read in as expected. I am attaching an image of the pipeline
obtained when using the following gst-launch command:

gst-launch-0.10 playbin2
uri=file:///local/playbin2_appsink_aac_mono/testWelcomeMono.m4a
audio-sink=appsink video-sink=fakesink text-sink=fakesink

Regards,
Dinesh