Reading one channel AAC file using playbin2 returns stereo data

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Feb 8 10:40:45 PST 2012

As you can see from the image you attached, the input to FAAD says
it's mono  (channels=1), but the output from FAAD has channels=2.

This probably means that it's marked as mono in the container (mp4),
but is actually stereo - faad cares more about the actual AAC contents
than about what the container says, so overrides it.

So this is happening solely inside faad - it's not gstreamer
converting to another format or anything complex like that. I guess
you don't really have a mono AAC file.

Mike