Multiple appsrc to a single muxer [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Durrand, Paul (Contractor) Paul.Durrand at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Feb 8 19:55:43 PST 2012

UNCLASSIFIED

I am trying to modify the mpegtsmux plugin to process KLV metadata. I am
currently having trouble creating a pipeline which will allow me to
write a video and metadata with multiple appsrc plugins.

A new cap has been created on mpegtsmux named "application/x-klv". I am
trying to attach an appsrc element directly to this which will mux with
an mpeg2 video via ffenc_mpeg2video.

My pipeline looks like this and is called using
gst_parse_bin_from_description() :

mpegtsmux name="muxer" ! filesink location=gstreamer.out.mpg appsrc
name="adsssrc"
caps="video/x-raw-rgb,width=704,height=480,framerate=(fraction)25/1,bpp=
24,depth=24,red_mask=255,green_mask=65280,blue_mask=16711680,endianness=
4321" ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! ffenc_mpeg2video bitrate=15000000
! muxer. appsrc name="metasrc" caps="application/x-klv" ! muxer.

The mpegtsmux_create_stream() function is never hit when using this
pipeline and a video is never created. In the debug there are lots of
references to queuing the buffer in gst_app_src_push_buffer_full().

If I remove the additional appsrc as below, the megtsmux_create_stream()
function is hit (shown through debug):

mpegtsmux name="muxer" ! filesink location=gstreamer.out.mpg appsrc
name="adsssrc"
caps="video/x-raw-rgb,width=704,height=480,framerate=(fraction)25/1,bpp=
24,depth=24,red_mask=255,green_mask=65280,blue_mask=16711680,endianness=
4321" ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! ffenc_mpeg2video bitrate=15000000
! muxer.

Can anyone tell me if the syntax for my pipeline is correct for using
multiple appsrc with mpegtsmux?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.