Stream the moviesound, playbin2

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Feb 18 06:07:33 PST 2012

On 02/08/2012 11:52 PM, max.s wrote:
> Hello gstreamer developers! Im curious If it is possible To stream the
> sound from the movies i play using playbin2 in my Python script? I
> should mention that i play the sound in My speakers on the computer
> already and want to keep that audiosink. Just add one more who stream
> it to localhost and can I play that sound in a html5 player.. If
> anyone has any knowledge about this, or if it take a lot of memory on
> the cpu. I would be very happy if you told me. Regards Max

Everything is possible. Anyway, doing local playback and streaming that
at the same ime requires writing an application. If you want to watch
the stream in a html5 player in the browser you will need to embedd that
into a http server engine. You might need to transcode video etc. Not
really a starter project.

Stefan