creating a rtsp relay using gstreamer

parveen.jain parveen.jain at one97.net
Mon Feb 20 02:47:11 PST 2012

Hi All,

   I want to create an rtsp relay where rtsp stream can be taken from one
end and then can be streamed (using rtsp) on other side. In this I want to
transcode the rtp data in between.

    Can anyone suggest a way for doing this? I had considered Gstreamer for
this, but could not find the way to get this done. I saw there are two
plug-in, RTSP server(I think for hosting the video as an rtsp server) and
another is rtspsrc(which can be used for acting as an rtsp client). Can I
achive the same by connecting these two plugins? i.e. If I get data using
rtspsrc and then redirect it using RTSP server, will I be able to relay rtsp
event too?

Has any one tried to achieve this using these two plugins or by any other
way?

I would also appreciate if any one can suggest me any other streaming
library for achieving this.

-Parveen Jain