[0.10.36] multicast support broken?

Soeren Grunewald soeren.grunewald at avionic-design.de
Wed Feb 22 11:52:12 PST 2012

Hi All,

We are developing on a embedded device and using gstreamer to playback
video streams provides via multicast.

After building the latest gstreamer release, it looks like multicast
support is broken. First i thought it is a problem with playbin but
after verifying (see [1]) behaviour also on manual created pipelines i
guess the problem is related to udpsrc element.

I've been looking to the commit logs but haven't found something yet. I
also created some log-files attached [2] to this mail.

Can somebody verify this behaviour or has some comments on how to
proceed to figure out what is causing the problem?

[1] pipelines.txt
[2] logfiles.tar.xz

Thanks,
--
Avionic Design GmbH
Soeren Grunewald

Tel.: + 49 40 88187-107
Fax: + 49 40 88187-150
Email: soeren.grunewaldavionic-design.de

Avionic Design GmbH
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 82598
Geschäftsführung: Cornelis Broers, Sven Räcker, Jan Palle
Ust.-Ident-Nr.: DE813378254

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unerlaubte
Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.