Seek requests to multiple sinks

Mohammad Afaneh mafaneh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 05:58:39 PST 2012

Wim, thanks for your answer.

I was thinking of doing exactly that, filtering the duplicate requests and only handling one based on the sequence number. However I noticed that there was an API that allows changing the sequence number so I wasn't sure how reliable it would be to do this in the event that someone/something changes the seq number without the demux knowing.

This is being done in a custom bin, not playbin2, but maybe a good solution would be to follow playbin2's technique and only send it to one sink.

Is there a disadvantage to sending the seek specifically to the element that I know should handle it (instead of going through the sink(s))? In my pipeline's case it's always the source which handles the seeks.

Thanks,
Mohammad