Souphttpsrc 'error: Server does not support seeking'

Mon Jan 2 14:16:03 PST 2012

Il 02/01/2012 20:54, Hans Maree ha scritto:
> After some further investigation using tcpdump and wireshark I tracked down
> the
> source of the errors. It seems that the connection is interrupted (It is a
> wireless connection so this happens from time to time) just before the
> errors
> occur.
>
> The souphttpsrc element then sends a new request to the ip-camera as
> expected,
> however it adds a Range HTTP header field to the request. The ip-camera
> ignores
> the Range header field since it serves a live stream. The souphttpsrc then
> sends the warnings I mentioned in my previous post and closes the
> connection.
>
> So this seems to be a bug in souphttpsrc, since I have indicated that the
> source is a live source by specifying 'is_live=true', so to my understanding
> it
> should not try to seek at all, or at least not break when the server ignores
> the Range header field.
>
> Before I file a bug report I would like to be sure it is indeed a bug, so
> please give some feedback on that matter.  Also does anyone know a
> workaround
> to this problem? I am using the ip-camera as security camera so I would like
> make it reliable as soon as possible.

I think this is a bug too, in souphttpsrc there is something like this:

|/* The server disconnected while streaming. Reconnect and seeking to the
      * last location. */
     src->retry = TRUE;

instead souphttpsrc should retry the connection without seeking for a live stream,

reading the souphttpsrc code seems there is a lot of code for seeking, this should be completly disabled for live sources,

I should open a bug,

Nicola