Custom plug in not registering (CentOS 5.7)

Jaime Gago jaime at entwinemedia.com
Mon Jan 9 01:13:17 PST 2012

I've sent this already but it didn't make it to my inbox, trying with
another email client...Apologies if you get duplicates!
--
Hello there, happy new year all,

I'm trying to use a install a custom gstreamer plugin to deal with a Black
Magic Intensity pro card but despite all my efforts I haven't been able to
load it =[.

I'm able to configure, make, make install (or so it seems) and I get a .la
and .so placed in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 with the same permissions as the
other plugins. When I run gst-inspect my_custom_plugin i get a "No such
element or plugin 'my_custom_plugin'. I tried to delete
~/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.x86_64.bin and then run gst-inspect but still
the custom plugin (i.e. decklinksrc) is not registering.

I'm running CentOS 5.7 but the plugin doc is meant for Ubuntu could it be
I'm missing some libraries even though the plugin build _seems_ successful?

These are the packages I've installed
gstreamer-devel.x86_64
gstreamer-plugins-base-devel.x86_64
gstreamer-plugins-good.x86_64
gstreamer-tools.x86_64
gok-devel.x86_64

The doc for that plugin is here

http://opencast.jira.com/wiki/display/MH/Blackmagic+Design+Intensity+Pro+(PCIe)+HDMI

and this is the content of the libgstdecklink.la after make install

# libgstdecklink.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2ubuntu1
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libgstdecklink.so'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libgstdecklink.so libgstdecklink.so libgstdecklink.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=' -pthread'

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/lib64 -lgstbase-0.10 -lgstcontroller-0.10
-lgstreamer-0.10 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lxml2 -lz
-lglib-2.0'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libgstdecklink.
current=0
age=0
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=yes

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10'

Thanks for your help!

Jaime