Custom plug in not registering (CentOS 5.7)

Jaime Gago jaime at entwinemedia.com
Mon Jan 9 21:53:56 PST 2012

Hi Nathanael thanks for your input, I didn't know about ldd but when ran against the .so there were no complaints about missing libs.
What about Linux distros? Could it be the plugin  is meant for an Ubuntu system therefore won't work as is on CentOS?

I don't know if this means anything to you, but here is the content of the libgstdecklink.la that comes with binary after I build, there is a clear reference to Ubuntu.

# libgstdecklink.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2ubuntu1
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libgstdecklink.so'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libgstdecklink.so libgstdecklink.so libgstdecklink.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=' -pthread'

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/lib64 -lgstbase-0.10 -lgstcontroller-0.10 -lgstreamer-0.10 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lxml2 -lz -lglib-2.0'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libgstdecklink.
current=0
age=0
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=yes

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10'