Custom plug in not registering (CentOS 5.7)

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon Jan 9 08:15:18 PST 2012

On 01/09/2012 01:26 AM, Jaime Gago wrote:
> Hello there, happy new year all,
>
> I'm trying to use a install a custom gstreamer plugin to deal with a Black Magic Intensity pro card but despite all my efforts I haven't been able to load it =[.
>
> I'm able to configure, make, make install (or so it seems) and I get a .la and .so placed in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 with the same permissions as the other plugins. When I run gst-inspect my_custom_plugin i get a "No such element or plugin 'my_custom_plugin'. I tried to delete ~/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.x86_64.bin and then run gst-inspect but still the custom plugin (i.e. decklinksrc) is not registering.
>
> I'm running CentOS 5.7 but the plugin doc is meant for Ubuntu could it be I'm missing some libraries even though the plugin build _seems_ successful?

If you want to check that, ldd can tell you what a binary and I assume
shared library need to run, it will also show if it can't find required
libs.

The other bit I would be suspect about is whether the gstreamer plugin
requires the device to be 'present' in some way that it is not on your
system?

Just random thoughts.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet