Internal data stream error when using alsasink

Neil Jones neiljay at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:04:27 PST 2012

Hi,

Im currently testing my new plugin for my multi-standard audio decoder
(dsp) with alsasink but It errors with:

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOggDemux:oggdemux0:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstoggdemux.c(3481): gst_ogg_demux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOggDemux:oggdemux0: stream stopped, reason
not-linked

my pipeline is:

gst-launch -v filesrc location=Poison.ogg ! typefind ! oggdemux ! axd ! alsasink

what does not linked mean ? I know alsasink can handle the output caps
of my axd plugin (adding audioconvert and audioresample make no
difference), It works fine when I play to a file sink:

 gst-launch -v filesrc location= /home/Neil/08_Poison.ogg ! typefind !
oggdemux  ! axd ! filesink location=temp.pcm

I can then playback the captured pcm via alsasink with:

gst-launch filesrc location=temp.pcm ! audio/x-raw-int, channels=2,
rate=48000, width=32, depth=32, signed=true, endianess=1234 ! alsasink

note the caps filter is indentical to the source caps of my axd plugin.

I get the same problem trying to play mp3 audio aswell (with the error
in the mp3 demuxer)

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Neil