AppleMedia in gst Plugins bad

Roland Peffer gdevel at clixxun.com
Mon Jan 30 20:55:13 PST 2012

Hi,

I am just experimenting with the apple Media plugin on OSX 10.6.8 64 Bit

But I already fail on getting  a pipeline running.

If I try a pipeline with vtdec_h264 the pipeline hangs on preroll and then ends after a while. It seems he get only one frame.

Similar effect with vth264decbin.
I can see some output:

error-state = FALSE
happy = TRUE

but only one time ,
after I get endless messages of

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVTH264DecBin:vth264decbin0: happy = FALSE
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVTH264DecBin:vth264decbin0: error-state = TRUE

Did anybody get the applemedia decoder working in a pipeline and if yes can provide me a working gst-launch configuration?

Also from what I've read it should be possible to decode H263 / MPEG2 as well. Anyone worked into this yet?

Thx,
Roland