H.264 source element plugin

Kapil Agrawal kapil.agl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 05:34:52 PDT 2012

 Malikcis,

For that I am sure you be having the api for the H264 capture card.
These api you need to call in your plugin.

You can even refer say videotestsrc , understand the basic concept and call
your own sdk api for data generation. So if you are not using baseclass the
most important care need to take is clock syncronization with your hardware.

You might want to look at
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstBaseSrc.html

Hope you got some clue.

-kapil

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM, David Röthlisberger <david at rothlis.net>wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2012, at 08:58, malikcis wrote:
> > Thanks for your suggestion.
> > I would like to write a gstreamer wrapper driver for a H.264 capture
> card. I
> > thought the best would be to write
> > a gstreamer source element.
>
> Ideally you would provide V4L2 (Video for Linux 2) drivers, and then you
> could use a gstreamer pipeline like this:
>
> gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! mpegtsdemux ! video/x-h264 !
> decodebin
>
> (the above requires gstreamer-plugins-good for v4l2src,
> gstreamer-plugins-bad for mpegtsdemux, and gstreamer-ffmpeg for H.264
> decoding.)
>
> --Dave.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilagrawal
www.mediamagictechnologies.com
(Consultancy - Multimedia, Gstreamer, ffmpeg, Streaming for platforms-
linux, windows, TI, android)