H.264 source element plugin

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Thu Jul 5 00:57:01 PDT 2012

On 4 Jul 2012, at 11:11, malikcis wrote:
> Why do you think v4l2 driver is better than writing a h.264 encoder
> gstreamer source element?

Because then Linux users can use your capture cards with any other software that supports v4l2, not just gstreamer.

Also please consider the advantages of open-sourcing the drivers and working to get them incorporated upstream (in the Linux kernel). For example my client purchases large quantities of capture cards for automated testing of set-top boxes, and we'll only consider capture cards already supported in recent Linux kernels.