Live RTSP stream from live source

W.A. Garrett Weaver weaverg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 10 15:18:31 PDT 2012

I would like to stream video, over rtsp, to platforms like a VLC player or
an Android phone.

My video source is an embedded device streaming H264 video in RTP packets.
I am currently displaying the stream on the screen of the receiving
computer with GStreamer using ximagesink. I would like to use the receiving
computer to take this incoming stream and stream the video out, to the
local network, using RTSP.

I have downloaded and built GStreamer RTSP, I'm trying to look into using
it to stream video, but many of the examples I've seen use it to receive
over RTSP.

Is there something like an RTSP sink that can be used in a GStreamer
pipeline?

--
*W.A. Garrett Weaver *
weaverg at email.arizona.edu