Resizing video with gstramer-vaapi

Nicolas Dufresne webmaster at monfestival.ca
Fri Jul 13 07:18:27 PDT 2012

Le vendredi 13 juillet 2012 à 00:06 -0700, Pierre-Alain a écrit :

> Have you got any idea to solve this problem ??

Most people that target HW accelerated decoding will render into GL
texture in their program (see gst-vaapi and opengl thread on this
mailing list archive) and use GL to do the cropping/scaling and video
window placement. Alternatively, I'd suggest using Clutter as all of it
is already integrated (so you really just have to place the video).

> It must look simple for you, but to me it's a problem !
> Using with  one single video, gstreamer-vaapi is just awesome !

Well from gst-launch it's simply not possible to do what you want to.
There exist some GL element that would serve this purpose, but they are
not yet integrate with HW accelerated buffers that support OpenGL. Right
now, the quickest solution to test this is to write a small Clutter
application.

cheers,
Nicolas