gst rtsp server and g_signal_connect

psykokwak jc_mammana at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:31:54 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm working on simple rtsp server using the "gst-rtsp-server" library.
I would like to retrieve media events like "start playing", "stop playing",
etc etc etc.
I my main() just before the g_main_loop_run(loop) call, i put the following
calls :

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (factory), "media-configure", G_CALLBACK
(callback_media_configured), NULL);

with the following callback :

void
callback_media_configured(GstRTSPMediaFactory *factory, GstRTSPMedia *media,
gpointer *userdata)
{
  fprintf(stderr, "media ptr:%p\n", media); // returns a coherent value
  fprintf(stderr, "media element ptr:%p\n", media->element); // returns NULL
value ?!?!

  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (media), "new-state", G_CALLBACK
(callback_media_new_state), NULL);
}

void
callback_media_new_state(GstRTSPMedia *media, gpointer *ptr, int state)
{
  // Returns inconsistent state value ?!?!
  fprintf(stderr, "New state (%d) : %s\n", media, state,
gst_element_state_get_name(state));
}

I added some debug info just before the "g_signal_emit" call in the
gst_rtsp_library to compare values and they are good.

So it seems there is a problem/bug with signals but I have no idea...