current-level-time property of GstQueue plugin

Vijay Vikram vikram.kvijay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:30:52 PDT 2012

Hi Marcin,
First thanks for your response.
I can understand your point and it would be valid when playing media in a
constant bit rate channel and in the follwing pipeline too its quite valid.

But if we think in the perspective of adaptive streaming where the bit rate
might vary(something like DASH), it would become too complex to handle.
First of all data is segmented and we have multiple copies of same data
with multiple bit rates. The decoder at any time during playback time will
just give the segment being played curently.

In this situation, what can be the best way to get the current amount of
data buffered?

Regards,
Vikram