h264 frames getting dropped

Dinesh Kumar dineshkpadmanaban at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:28:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on a gstreamer based custom media player.
I have built the following version of gstreamer for linux(ubuntu 10.04)
gstreamer-0.10.36/
gst-plugins-base-0.10.36/
gst-plugins-good-0.10.31/
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23/
gst-ffmpeg-0.10.13/

When I try to use gst-launch,
(gst-launch *filesrc* location=/opt/test/contents/
aoruvan.mkv ! decodebin2 name=dec ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale
add-borders=true ! autovideosink  sync=false dec. ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! autoaudiosink)
(gst-launch playbin2 uri=*file:///*opt/test/contents/aoruvan.mkv)

I see few frames are being dropped.
*"WARNING: from element
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstPlaySink:playsink0/GstBin:vbin/GstAutoVideoSink:videosink/GstXImageSink:videosink-actual-sink-ximage:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2875): gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstPlaySink:playsink0/GstBin:vbin/GstAutoVideoSink:videosink/GstXImageSink:videosink-actual-sink-ximage:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow."
*
If I run the gst-launch using the libraries got from Ubuntu repository
(apt-get), I don't see any issues.
I also confirmed the playback using ffplay. The playback is smooth.
(ffmpeg libraries are built on my own).

I assume, that I would have missed some optimization flags.
I have attached my config.log files. Please help me out!

Regards
Dinesh P