Can I one time use more sixteen piplines?

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jul 26 00:26:23 PDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 01:22 AM, Mailing List SVR wrote:
> Il 25/07/2012 13:31, rasnaut ha scritto:
>> I tried use xvimagesink instead fakesink and all worked. But I can't use
>> OpenGL (and glimagesink too), because I need to use simple video card
>> (maybe
>> virtual) without OpenGL support. Sad, but true. So, maybe you know
>> another
>> sink plugin instead xvimagesink?
>
> gst-inspect | grep sink
>
> the problem you reported is in xorg x-video extension, try to execute
>
> xvinfo
>
> on my laptop I have:
>
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
>   Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Texture"
>     number of ports: 32
>
> so I can open at most 32 viewer that use xvimagesink, maybe you could
> try to understand if this value can be modified in xorg configuration
>
> as workaround you could use videomixer

It would be awesome if someone could contribute a matrixview bin. This
would work as a bin with sink-request-pads for the videosteams and one
output to any videosink. The bin would contain videoconvert ! videoscale
! capsfilter branches for each input and use a videomixer. It would
re-adjust the layout when new streams are connected.

Stefan