build error

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Jul 27 14:40:30 PDT 2012

I am working with fairly old code due to legacy considerations. I am trying
to build gst-ffmpeg with libx264. Everything builds but libgstffmpeg.so
fails to load (gst-inspect) because x264_encoder_close is undefined. I have
built and installed the x264 library (many versions, many times) and
re-built gst-ffmpeg, specifying to enable libx264 and gpl. When I looked at
the gst-ffmpeg source code libx264.c, line 130 it looks fine when compared
to the x264.h function definition for x264. Can anyone make a suggestion
about why this is failing? I haven't modified any of the code or build
scripts. It is somewhat difficult working with libx264 because they don't
seem to have 'releases', just daily tarballs, so compatibility is a
'challenge'. The gst-ffmpeg configure script is accepting the libx264
version number (0.64.x). Like I said, the code is quite old.

Thank you in advance,
Chuck Crisler