openmax interface to implement or gstreamer plugins?

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Jun 17 11:44:19 PDT 2012

On 06/15/2012 03:36 AM, ZiQiangHuan wrote:
> hi,
>
> I know gst-openmax is available for platform which has openmax IL
> interface. Our platform does not have openmax IL interface
> implemented, but we want to use gstreamer as our multimedia framework.
> So there are two methods, one is to implement gstreamer plugins for
> our platform, the other way is to implement openmax IL interfaces. So
> my question is, what's the difference between the two methods, and
> which method is easier for us?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
Second the statements from Tim and George. Just to add a little, please
keep in mind that going the OpenMAX IL route will add another layer.
That layer can have bugs, affect the performance and it always is
difficult to match apis anyway (see it as a google translate from
english to japanese going using russian as an intermediate language).
If you are just starting without existing code, writing gstreamer
plugins will be more efficient (less code to write, easier to debug)

Stefan